#1 2010-01-30 22:38:24

I was going to wait before posting this....but.......

At the last Department Head meeting, which is public, the subject of procurement of equipment came up. The current Dept Head of the COA and Interim Library Director recommended using the Friends of the COA's 501(c)(3) status as a non-profit to receive discounts on IT items purchased for the town. There apparently wasn't any objections from the Top Banana (Town Administrator).

Now, let's think about it. If you purchase a computer under the Non Profit 501 (c) (3) discount and tax exempt status and use it in another department (other than the COA), do they realize this could threaten or cause a revocation of the exemption? In other words, this is not LEGAL?

Do the friends of the Elderly know about this?

Seriously people, this is just another example of how bad the leadership and management of this town has become.

#2 2010-01-30 22:47:28

Larry McDonald wrote:

There apparently wasn't any objections from the Top Banana (Town Administrator)...another example of how bad the leadership and management of this town has become.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mfPHShZbI7Q/SWD_TaKllMI/AAAAAAAAABo/9gctvausVHA/s320/Top_Banana.gif

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-01-30 22:48:20)

#3 2010-01-31 00:15:30

Where I work we have a tax exempt # to be used solely for products we use in our service, not any resale items.  I remember reading on the form that if used for anything other than the applied purpose our tax exempt card would be revoked and I believe a fine can be levied.    You don't want to fool around with something like that.

So, do we write to the Dept. of Revenue and warn them about what has been said so they can write a letter to the TA and forewarn them.  Maybe it would set them straight up front and K & P won't be billing us for more "research" hours.

Where did this woman come from anyway?  How did she get her job?

#4 2010-01-31 09:22:00

Remember Jane D's Famous Quote..

"it's Not Legal Unless You Get Caught"

#5 2010-01-31 12:03:04

GWB

Don't forget people, that as a local municipality The town of Wareham is already Tax exempt. This is fact. If the TA and COA director misappropriate one cent from the Friends of the COA non profit account or use that 501c3 status to purchase anything for another department other than COA  and they get caught there will be serious legal issues. And if they do it with out the consent of the friends there will be hell to pay.

Suggestion for you Mr. McDonald. Contact Yvonne Stone immediately. She is the President of the Friends. I know her, trust me if there is any truth to this it will start and end with her. If she is unware of what is going on she will look into it and if her or the friends don't agree with it trust me she will end it right quick. She is an incredibly dedicated and strong woman and she will only do what is best for the friends that is a fact.

#6 2010-01-31 13:01:50

Liz, ol Janie's quote was actually "it is only illegal if you get caught". It sort of rings like "it is ok to rob a bank as long as you don't get caught"

That shows you the true colors of our "leaders".

Focus April 6, 2010

#7 2010-01-31 13:21:29

Jane also gave us the quote about how the Selectmen are about "fiscal responsibility, accountablity, and professional behavior".

Since that quote we have had record legal bills, A Selectmen attempt to dissolve town meeting before it was complete and then refer to the people voting against the article as a**holes in public view. Another Selectmen referred to those who voted against the same article as having "black hearts". The Selectmen have committed 17 open meeting violations (could be more to come) and refuse to accept the remedy and apologize. If they do not, then it will cost US more money on legal bills. They have hired/fired a library director, hired a Town Administrator without no input from the public, etc...

I really could go on, but you get the idea. We need new leadership that we can respect and trust to run this town.

#8 2010-01-31 14:02:32

We cannot rid our Town of these two women fast enough..If not recalled, when do their terms expire?..after April 6th comes and Sweet B and the dirt Thief are gone, lets set our sights on these two!!

#9 2010-01-31 15:13:11

Larry why does that surprise you. Marcia doesn’t care about rules or regulations. She hires people without posting jobs, she hires some people without conducting interviews. Something Marcia might not know, but I will enlighten her, any job funded by a grant has STRICT guidelines and if those guidelines are not met the grant can be revoked.

At town meeting last April 10,000 was approved for buying new computers for the COA. What happened to that money? At the same town meeting the revolving account which had about $40,000 in it which had been controlled by the town was given to the COA. So last year the COA had an extra $40,000 to play with, what happened to that money?  The COA now also has control over the money it makes on the adult day center, what happens to all that money?

The name of the group which Yvonne is president of  is the Friends of the elderly or The Friends of Wareham’s elderly. I don’t know if there is a group called the Friends of the COA.

#10 2010-01-31 15:41:53

Evil Clown and his circus of Select-thieves and cohorts:

http://www.thedailycontributor.com/circ … l-villains

What if Bobo was the RingMaster?

#11 2010-01-31 17:12:38

GWB

you are correct marny it is Friends of the Elderly not COA

#12 2010-01-31 17:35:19

who's checked the authorized vendor list in town lately?

#13 2010-01-31 20:34:04

Something Marcia might not know, but I will enlighten her, any job funded by a grant has STRICT guidelines and if those guidelines are not met the grant can be revoked.

I have heard that some of the COA staff that have been hired from these grants are doing some of Marcia's duties at the library. Wonder if the grants were written and approved with the intent of hiring individuals to work at the COA? Not sure how the grants work, but the answer could be interesting.

#14 2010-02-01 18:51:58

Southshore  Almost all of the people Marcia sends over to the library are from citizens for citizens. It is a state organization that helps seniors get back into the work force. I think citizens is funded by a grant I’m not sure if it is state or federal. I don’t know if citizens has any work restrictions. For instance if someone is hired at the COA as a clerical person I don’t know if that person can then be assigned to work at the library without telling citizens of the change.

Last edited by marny (2010-02-02 08:20:11)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com