#1 2009-07-25 07:04:39

Please excuse my ignorance and indulge me if I'm asking questions that you all know the answers to. I read Slagrer's long Civil War piece this morning and extracted a number of questions from his diatribes against Bob Unger, The Standard Times, and the bloggers. If any of you could answer them it would help me, and possibly other less well-informed readers (some who probably have never posted) understand.

the power elite will do everything within its power to bring down the government in Wareham.

Who are exactly are the power elite?

The (6 PM) meeting was posted last week. The Observer wrote about it on Monday.

Simple answer needed.

Most of them (the bloggers) are past and present police officers, town officials, library lobbyists and others who have a personal stake in the selectmen’s investigation into corruption in Town Hall and beyond.

Is he saying that police, town officials and library people are corrupt? What corruption is alleged? What personal stake?

Joyce was order to pay us more than $20,000 in attorney fees and court costs. We haven’t seen a penny of it.

True or not?

The results of the town’s computer audit should be made public in a few more weeks. The deadline for summary judgment in the lawsuit against the former board of library trustees is quickly approaching. It’s starting to slip away from them, and they know it.

Anybody posting here stand to be hurt by either of these results?

The only way to end the division in Wareham is to finally reveal the level of corruption that has choked this town for decades.

What is the corruption and who is responsible for the corruption?

But they (The current BOS) have never wavered from their commitment to changing Wareham for the better. I have never seen any indication that anyone on the board has acted with premeditated malice. Despite what they may lack in political grace I have always believed they have the best interest of Wareham at heart.

True or not? Examples would help.

They (the bloggers here) stay in the shadows because if the level of their self-interest were exposed they would quickly lose the propaganda war and they know it.

What is the self-interest her refers to?

The only way the wounds of Wareham will heal is when people learn to stop being afraid of these bullies.

Examples of bullying from "these bullies".

#2 2009-07-25 07:18:55

Well, here is my "self interest."

I want to TAKE BACK WAREHAM so that it will be the town that I moved to many years ago. Call me selfish if you want, but this town ran very well in the past but since this bos came into power we have had more problems and embarrassing incidents than you can count. We have lost good employees and are having a hard time finding good employees to hire to fill vacancies. We have suffered a humiliating town wide, expensive computer audit instead of going after a couple of possible suspects in wrong doing making the morale in every department lower than dirt.

Corruption is a pretty serious charge. corruptness: lack of integrity or honesty (especially susceptibility to bribery); use of a position of trust for dishonest gain

I just don't see that you can say so many people are corrupt. Dishonest gain? What kind of evidence will they bring forward? I guess we wait and see.

Define power elite:A power elite, in political and sociological theory, is a small group of people who control a disproportionate amount of wealth, privilege, and access to decision-making of global consequence. The term was coined by C. Wright Mills in his 1956 book,

Huh? The only small group who has access to decision-making in this burg is the bos. Enough said.

Neighbor--can you see why it is not worth reading the rag? What you have written above is pure crap. It's not worth the fish wrap it's written on. It belongs in the trash which is just my opinion shared by many people in W.

#3 2009-07-25 07:30:30

Molly, thanks for the quick answers. Slager seems to believe what he writes and perhaps is a tool of the BOS.

His writing is difficult to wade through to get to the salient points. The danger of the Internet and a paper you own is that there's no  editor to limit how long an article can be by someone who is too long winded.

That's why I tried to tease out the salient points and ask specific questions.

Who, by name, are the power elite Slager references in Wareham and what makes them that? As far as wealth all I know are the Decas and Makepeace companies.

Is there anybody among the bloggers who have anything to fear from investigations and audits? He seems to imply there are.

#4 2009-07-25 07:43:28

GWB

In my opinion Urneihbor, When Mr. Slager first started reffering to the power elite, it was a small group of 20 or so people that supported certain members of the former BOS. Some of those names you will find on the currrent CBW board. However Mr. Slager now uses Power Elite, CBW, and "Hate Bloggers" as broadbased generlizations for anyone who has the oddasity to stand up for themselves and speak out against this current Board. This to me has always been unfair because it is simply not true. Many of the people that Mr. Slager now reffers to are people who are not "Power Elite" but people who have been effected by the actions of the current B.O.S., are tired of it, and refuse to take it anymore.

#5 2009-07-25 08:00:23

He calls everyone here HATEbloggers. That is simply not true. The large majority of the postings deal with the issues that face us today. Very few people spew hate on this blog, but we all get blamed. Stereotypical bigotry on ragboys part if you ask me.

Of course, let me remind everyone of the following--hooray for audits. If you post here you are a hateblogger. Reread some of his (Larry G's)  posts--very hateful. But I guess he gets a pass.

#6 2009-07-25 08:08:52

If and when we move to Wareham neither of us will be members of any "power elite", that's for sure.

As much as I try to be objective and give Slager the benefit of the doubt, I find more clarity here because it is easy to separate the angry posts tossed off in a few seconds from those that are well thought out and filled with facts and reasonable questions.

Slager is trying to be a reporter and editorial writer at the same time and the result is that his publication is often a mishmash.

Still, as I posted sarcastically of another thread, he comes across as the Teriq Aziz for the Saddamites, i.e., the ITA, Crime Watch director and the BOS.

His latest piece is the first time I've seen that he admitted the BOS had shortcomings:

Selectmen have made more than their share of bonehead statements during meetings. They have sometimes responded with anger to the relentless pounding they have endured. They have been too dismissive of other viewpoints at times. They haven’t always been publicly forthcoming with information.

Is this too little too late? Given that there are videos posted here showing the chair of the board acting like a dictator he might have thought he had to write this to maintain some credibility.

Last edited by urneighbor (2009-07-25 08:11:20)

#7 2009-07-25 08:26:46

He lost all credibility with his first issue. You are being objective when you say what you do about the rag.

As to the negative comments about the bos. If he thinks that is how a real reporter gives "both sides" of an issue, he is sadly mistaken.

Bonehead statements? Understatement.

Responded with anger? Anger management classes should be required for this crew.

Dismissive of other viewpoints at times? How about all the time unless you are one of their lackeys.

They haven't always been publicly forthcoming with information? Go back and see how this bos was running on a platform of transparency. I've seen none of it. And the recent computer audit is enough proof of that as is the executive session garbage of late.

Too little? Too late? What do you think?

#8 2009-07-25 09:02:10

I heard the famous six minute tape about the audits in their executive session.

Once that came out I saw how they tried to hide the content of what they said by their outrage at cable TV for broadcasting it live, and the S-T for putting it online, and trying to say there was a conspiracy.

(I thought so what if it was a conspiracy it didn't change what was said.)

What was said pretty clearly was that the reason for the audit had little if anything to do with tax assessments and everything to do with trying to nail bloggers for using work computers.

That alone in some other towns would have led to resignations and possibly legal action.

#9 2009-07-25 09:02:13

WHAT ABOUT KEEPING ONLY WAREHAM CITIZENS TO THE MEETING. ITS A WAREHAM COMMUNITY MEETING NOT SOME RESIDENT IN HALIFAX OBSESSED WITH WAREHAM. WATCH HE WILL THEN CLAIM WELL I LIVE AT MY OFFICE WITH A SHOWER MOST OF THE WEEK DOES THAT COUNT? KEEP SLAGER OUT !

#10 2009-07-25 09:08:05

urneighbor wrote:

the power elite will do everything within its power to bring down the government in Wareham.

I'm not exactly sure who the power elite is, but I would consider the current BOS the power elite because they and a select few benefit from their decisions.

Most of them (the bloggers) are past and present police officers, town officials, library lobbyists and others who have a personal stake in the selectmen’s investigation into corruption in Town Hall and beyond.

I don't have a stake in the witch hunt by the Selectmen. I will have a stake in the next investigation of the Selectmen.

The results of the town’s computer audit should be made public in a few more weeks. The deadline for summary judgment in the lawsuit against the former board of library trustees is quickly approaching. It’s starting to slip away from them, and they know it.

How can an audit looking for bloggers and the library getting a settlement have anything to do with the grassroots effort to get rid of the Selectmen? They will still be rude and unprofessional, corrupt,  and poor managers. In effect, it's starting to slip away from them.

The only way to end the division in Wareham is to finally reveal the level of corruption that has choked this town for decades.

Right, and after decades of success, this group of Selectmen continue to run a huge deficit, make poor hiring decisions to replace seasoned employees who either stood up to them or resigned, and make decisions favoring their "power elite".

But they (The current BOS) have never wavered from their commitment to changing Wareham for the better. I have never seen any indication that anyone on the board has acted with premeditated malice. Despite what they may lack in political grace I have always believed they have the best interest of Wareham at heart.

I have a prime example of premeditated malice. 6 minutes of the taped executive session.

They (the bloggers here) stay in the shadows because if the level of their self-interest were exposed they would quickly lose the propaganda war and they know it.

Actually, our "self interest" is a better Wareham and it's been exposed. I'm not sure about the shadows, I tend to think we are out in the bright light. He does admit to slinging propaganda with his comment about a propaganda war. You can't have a war without two participants!

The only way the wounds of Wareham will heal is when people learn to stop being afraid of these bullies.

A perfect quote! The Selectmen are bullies. I have the emails to prove it. Slager is trying to bully people into believing the Selectmen are working for us. Anyone else think the Selectmen are working to control spending, hire qualified candidates, and preach employee retention?

#11 2009-07-25 09:14:43

urneighbor wrote:

I heard the famous six minute tape about the audits in their executive session.

Once that came out I saw how they tried to hide the content of what they said by their outrage at cable TV for broadcasting it live, and the S-T for putting it online, and trying to say there was a conspiracy.

(I thought so what if it was a conspiracy it didn't change what was said.)

What was said pretty clearly was that the reason for the audit had little if anything to do with tax assessments and everything to do with trying to nail bloggers for using work computers.

That alone in some other towns would have led to resignations and possibly legal action.

Just reposting what I wrote about the audit.

Thanks Larry. I appreciate everyone taking the time to answer some of my questions. I'd say there's a 50% chance we'll be living in Wareham in a few years so this is all imprtant to us.

#12 2009-07-25 09:39:06

Who are exactly are the power elite?

Well, you are now, just by posting here.  But in the beginning it was people with long linages or political careers in Wareham; Decas, Pillsbury, Brady, etc....

The (6 PM) meeting was posted last week. The Observer wrote about it on Monday.

Simple answer needed.

Even I'm confused on that one.  Since when did The Rag posting the meeting count?  I thought it was to be Town Hall AND the internet?  Is that not what was voted on at the last town meeting?

Is he saying that police, town officials and library people are corrupt? What corruption is alleged? What personal stake?

That's what he's saying.  And I'm sure the "corruption" will be what THEY see as corruption, not what competent and intelligent people would see it as.  "the audit reveals this employee checked their e-mail five times on Monday, when they should have been working..."

Joyce was order to pay us more than $20,000 in attorney fees and court costs. We haven’t seen a penny of it.

Last I heard, and I think BoBo reported this, Joyce was appealing the amount.

How many times do we have to hear this?  Points to remember:  They were looking for something specific.  It simply could not wait until next fiscal year.  They have all the hard drives, so nothing can be altered.

Taking all that into consideration, why are there no results yet?  If these employees are so corrupt and problems for the Town, why are they STILL working here two months later?!  They couldn't find the bloggers, so they are screwed.

I'm sure they will try to hurt someone, to try and justify the witch-hunt.

Yeah, maybe they should DEFINE corruption, because they never have.  They throw that out there to prey on the unintelligent.

Hey if anyone can find a way they changed Wareham for the better, please fill me in!  Remember this, The BOS stories are always changing, so are bobos... the news and information here is consistant and similar.  Guess which one is tellign the truth?

Bobo thinks the "power elite" are the bloggers.  I guess if you mean exposing the board for what they are and all there lies, that would be my self-interest.  I have zero to gain personally.  The Town would benefit though.

I think he's referring to BOS, bloggers, and CBW...

#13 2009-07-25 09:46:09

Molly wrote:

He calls everyone here HATEbloggers. That is simply not true. The large majority of the postings deal with the issues that face us today. Very few people spew hate on this blog, but we all get blamed.

You have got to be kidding me...You are the definition of hateblogger on this site...how else would you describe someone that takes every opportunity to encourage and promote the boycott of a man's business in order to destroy it to the point it no longer exists because you disagree with what he says?  Because you disagree with what he says? If I'm not mistaken, I believe laws against such a thing have been enacted because of people just like you.

#14 2009-07-25 09:51:32

MsLilly, it's too early in the morning for vodka, put it down and go do something other than kiss Bobo's ass today.  It's called free speech, and you and your cronies aren't the only ones to have it.

#15 2009-07-25 09:56:17

MS LILLY YOU WRITES FICTION!!!!!!! NOT FACTS. OF COURSE WE DISAGREE WHEN LIES ARE BEING TOLD AND WE CORRECT HIM. WHY DO YOU THINK HE IS ALWAYS REWRITING HIS STORIES AFTER HE READS THE BLOGS. WHY HAS SO MUCH INFORMATION STARTED HERE AND THEN REPORTED BY NEWSPAPERS???? WHAT ABOUT SLAGER DESTROYING PEOPLES GOOD NAMES, LYING TO SELL NEWSPAPERS. PUTTING THAT SOMEONE WAS SUED IN AN OBITUARY. THATS NOT HATE IS IT????? HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THAT IN ANYONES OBITUARY ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD? IF SLAGER TOLD THE TRUTH THIS BLOG WOULD NOT EXIST.

#16 2009-07-25 10:03:58

OMG Ham...I had that written..."and no I haven't hit the booze this early..." , but decided I didn't want to attempt to add humor to a very serious subject, so I removed it....thanks for allowing me the laugh anyway!!! 

And yes, it is free speech...we are ALL entitled to it...but I don't think it entitles someone to encourage the boycott of someone's business because you don't like or agree with what is being said...

#17 2009-07-25 10:06:09

Ms Lilly,
Okay, I guess enough of the polite banter. As they say, let's take off the glove and get down to it.

Your statemen just described Slager to a T. If you want to believe he reports the news, you need to take a course in wielding the poison pen. Destroy his business? You have to be kidding. What destroys a media business is LACK of readers, and advertisers. People can come out and speak against Slager, just as he has done against many people. Did he destroy their lives or business? Nope, he did not. Do you want to know why? Because their business doesn't depend on Slager for support. If you think his paper survives off the people posting here, you didn't pay attention in Business management or marketing classes. The last I heard (from his paper), we were the minority. How can a minority destroy a powerful enterprise like the FAKE observer?What is ruining his business is LACK of capital and support. That isn't the people here, that is the loud sucking noise you hear as the citizens of Wareham realize the truth isn't contained in his paper.

Laws are made to defend our right to free speech. You should know that because that is what Slager preaches! Funny how when the tables are turned, you cry about the poor guy who has been hate blogging people against the Selectmen for as long as I can remember.

Enough is enough! Quit preaching about hate bloggers when you awash in hate blogger on the Fake observer.

#18 2009-07-25 10:07:15

MsLilly wrote:

but I don't think it entitles someone to encourage the boycott of someone's business because you don't like or agree with what is being said...

How long ago was that?  Two years ago.  Also, a right people have as free Americans.  I don't by the group of people yelling at the advertiser.  He has never reported that before.

Although your buddy likes to call for boycotts indirectly when he says, "please don't boycott Community Mini Storage or Wareham Courier, blah blah blah.  Like hundreds of people were suggesting it to him in the first place.  Please!

#19 2009-07-25 10:07:59

My attempt to answer Neighbor's questions:

QUESTION: Who are exactly are the power elite?

ANSWER: Anyone who disagrees with him and the BOS.  McCarthyism is alive and well in Wareham.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUESTION: Most of them (the bloggers) are past and present police officers, town officials, library lobbyists and others who have a personal stake in the selectmen’s investigation into corruption in Town Hall and beyond.

ANSWER: In their minds, all town employees are corrupt.  Anyone who earns a weekly paycheck is corrupt.  They are, for the most part, jaded cynical unemployed losers who think that anyone who has made it is corrupt and that makes them feel better about being losers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUESTION:   Joyce was order to pay us more than $20,000 in attorney fees and court costs. We haven’t seen a penny of it.

ANSWER:  I don't know.  I thought he appealed it.  If he appealed it, he would probably get more time to pay?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUESTION:  The results of the town’s computer audit should be made public in a few more weeks. The deadline for summary judgment in the lawsuit against the former board of library trustees is quickly approaching. It’s starting to slip away from them, and they know it.

ANSWER:  They've been caught with their pants down on tape openly admitting it is a blogger witch hunt.  No logical person could listen to it and come to any conclusion.  They are now just trying to buy time and figure out a way to save face.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUESTION: The only way to end the division in Wareham is to finally reveal the level of corruption that has choked this town for decades.

What is the corruption and who is responsible for the corruption?

ANSWER:  He's been promising that the power elite will pay for their crimes for for years now, but so far, the only person to have criminal charges thrown on them is his buddy the Crimewatchman. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUESTION -But they (The current BOS) have never wavered from their commitment to changing Wareham for the better. I have never seen any indication that anyone on the board has acted with premeditated malice. Despite what they may lack in political grace I have always believed they have the best interest of Wareham at heart.

True or not? Examples

ANSWER - They've thrown Wareham into the dark ages.  They've accomplished nothing.  They do nothing but destroy. 

No premeditated malice?  Are you kidding me?  Lying to McAulliffe to his face that they were hiring an outside lawyer in case they ever needed to negotiate with them because they though K and P had a conflict of interest (already representing McAulliffe on another matter) and then turning around a week or two later and using that lawyer to fire him seems pretty damn premeditated.

Many more examples exist, but is it any better if their malice is off the cuff?

QUESTION: They (the bloggers here) stay in the shadows because if the level of their self-interest were exposed they would quickly lose the propaganda war and they know it.

What is the self-interest her refers to?

ANSWER:  He can take anything related to a person and twist it into "an evil self interest."  To be truly without any conflict of interest at all, you have to be like him and his buddies - be UNEMPLOYED.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUESTION: The only way the wounds of Wareham will heal is when people learn to stop being afraid of these bullies.

Examples of bullying from "these bullies".

ANSWER:  The biggest group of thugs of all time calling other people bullies for questioning their actions is laughable.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#20 2009-07-25 10:11:24

How long ago was the boycott?  A year ago?  And he and his flunkies are still worried about it?  Most not be too many pennies in the ole Rag budget.

#21 2009-07-25 10:15:17

IHS...

I don't believe Mr. Slager wrote the obituary, I believe it was a fact? that was mentioned within a piece written about her passing...and yes IHS, I will admit that it probably did not need to be mentioned within the same breath as the obituary...If I were the author, I believe I would have left that fact out for that particular article...

#22 2009-07-25 10:19:17

Ms Lilly, you stupid drunk, everyone knows that in any case the deceased's family writes the obituary, you think her family put negativity into her obituary?  Your buddy has openly admitted to doing it and that he was proud of it and would do it again.  Go suck down some more vodka you alcoholic dumbass.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-07-25 10:21:15)

#23 2009-07-25 10:20:37

MsLilly wrote:

IHS...

I don't believe Mr. Slager wrote the obituary, I believe it was a fact? that was mentioned within a piece written about her passing...and yes IHS, I will admit that it probably did not need to be mentioned within the same breath as the obituary...If I were the author, I believe I would have left that fact out for that particular article...

...not unless I got the keys to the liquor cabinet first, right Ham????

And I am not referring to a boycott from last year...I am referring to the one that is encouraged by a particular blogger in every other post they submit on this site...

#24 2009-07-25 10:25:57

Ok thanks Ms Lilly.  Ragman sits up at nights worried that everytime a blogger says the word "boycott" he might lose business.  Good to know.

BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT!

Ok thanks for the intel, go drink yourself into a stupor now just like Papa Ragman.

#25 2009-07-25 10:26:32

IHATESLAGER wrote:

PUTTING THAT SOMEONE WAS SUED IN AN OBITUARY. THATS NOT HATE IS IT????? HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THAT IN ANYONES OBITUARY ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD?

Ham, when I stated that Mr. Slager did not write the obituary, the above quote was what I was referring to....

#26 2009-07-25 10:27:47

MsLilly wrote:

IHATESLAGER wrote:

PUTTING THAT SOMEONE WAS SUED IN AN OBITUARY. THATS NOT HATE IS IT????? HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THAT IN ANYONES OBITUARY ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD?

Ham, when I stated that Mr. Slager did not write the obituary, the above quote was what I was referring to....

now pass the vodka...

#27 2009-07-25 10:28:29

OK thanks Ms Lilly, you're an asshole, your vodka glass is calling you, have a good one, thanks for playing...

#28 2009-07-25 10:38:07

Hamatron5000 wrote:

Ok thanks Ms Lilly.  Ragman sits up at nights worried that everytime a blogger says the word "boycott" he might lose business.  Good to know.

BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT!

Ok thanks for the intel, go drink yourself into a stupor now just like Papa Ragman.

Unfortunately, you have missed the point of my original post...my comment was directed who or who may not be hatebloggers on this site...I believe encouraging a boycott is a hateful way to try to encourage the demise of someone's business because you do not like or agree with what a person says...I was not arguing the merit of someone who attempts to do that, just that before you start pointing your finger at everyone else around you as hatebloggers except for yourself, it is time someone suggests that person might want to "look in the mirror" first...see how helpful those Michael Jackson discussions can be?

#29 2009-07-25 10:51:40

MsLilly wrote:

And I am not referring to a boycott from last year...I am referring to the one that is encouraged by a particular blogger in every other post they submit on this site...

You are right Leie, I mean Ms. Lilly. I have been telling people NOT TO READ THAT PIECE OF SHIT. I have not been advocating a boycott of his advertisers which is the previous boycott that did have an effect.

Boycotts are a political method to achieve an end. Take a look at the historical boycotts--including dumping tea in Boston harbor, and not riding on the back of buses. I am not ashamed of telling people to let the rag die and I will not stop doing so.

Your blind loyalty, in my opinion, is pathetic. And we all have a right to share our opinions.

It's just like any thing else---you don't like it, don't look at it. You don't like what we say here--don't bother to come back.

#30 2009-07-25 10:56:14

Boycotting local businesses is extreme. It hurts small businesses which have no cheap alternative for targeted advertising.

Too bad for them since I doubt the ads are very effective.

#31 2009-07-25 11:05:07

This is too funny.  The boycott was a year ago and he's still worried. "Please, please Ms Lilly, please go on and beg those naughty bloggers not to boycott me, pleeease waaahhhh."

#32 2009-07-25 11:09:56

Molly wrote:

MsLilly wrote:

You are right Leie, I mean Ms. Lilly. I have been telling people NOT TO READ THAT PIECE OF SHIT. I have not been advocating a boycott of his advertisers which is the previous boycott that did have an effect.

Boycotts are a political method to achieve an end. Take a look at the historical boycotts--including dumping tea in Boston harbor, and not riding on the back of buses. I am not ashamed of telling people to let the rag die and I will not stop doing so.

Your blind loyalty, in my opinion, is pathetic. And we all have a right to share our opinions.

It's just like any thing else---you don't like it, don't look at it. You don't like what we say here--don't bother to come back.

You are entirely correct Molly, except for the reference to Leie and that when you encourage people "not to read that piece of shit", you're are not advocating a boycott...perhaps that is where the confusion lies when you accuse others around you of being a hateblogger and not yourself...sure, encourage your boycott...just don't skip yourself when pointing your finger at hateful...oh yeah, another exception....the Boston Tea Party did not take place because we did not like what the British said, and I have no idea what riding in the back of a bus has to do with anything being discussed but okay...like I said before, you are entitled to say anything you like...we all are...and it is definitely your choice if you prefer it to be hateful in nature or not...

#33 2009-07-25 11:11:31

"Please Ms Lilly, please, I'm so scared, please go online and beg those bloggers to not boycott me, waaaaahhhhhh, oh God if my paper closes I might have to get a job, oh please Ms Lilly, please beg them for me....waaahh"

#34 2009-07-25 11:26:47

When something is utterly distasteful for whatever reason, we have the right to avoid it and to tell others to do so as well.

Here are some analogies--used in intelligent debate as examples of similar instances--to clarify my previous use of some of these examples.

The government tells people not to buy cigarettes because it is harmful to your health--is that not a boycott? Do we have fewer smokers in this country and less lung cancer? Can you go to a restaurant and eat without being smoked out?

Bostonians boycotted British tea because they did not like the government--does that sound familiar? Are we still under British rule? Most would consider that a good thing. Hear ye, hear ye excluded of course bbrady.

People boycotted white only establishments because they believed others were being treated unfairly--most people agree with the end result. We now have discrimination laws for all sorts of people--the disabled, elderly--I believe it's called civil rights.

Calling for people to do or not do something so that the end result will be better is not hateful. It is intelligent. And it will never stop in a free society. Of course, those on the receiving end will cry foul, but that does not mean a boycott is wrong. Even if it means that someone's income is lost--don't make me laugh as ragboy has said he doesn't make a penny---so what will he lose?

I am not ashamed to look in a mirror. I believe this blog has opened the eyes of many people. If ragboy has been able to spew his lies and libel for years, we have the right to tell the truth on this blog. Simple as that.

Last edited by Molly (2009-07-25 11:39:25)

#35 2009-07-25 11:35:34

I have no stake in the governing of Wareham other than living here.  I have no power, do not work in Wareham, am not on any boards but do believe there are huge problems with the way this town is being run.  My problem with Bobo is he prints lies which are assisting the current BOS in their destructive  ways.  Unfortunately, there are those who believe everything they read and accept his opinion paper as the truth.  I am all for getting rid of anyone who is not fulfilling their job, is corrupt or is incompetent.  If you think Wareham is in a better position now than say 10 years ago you are crazy.

#36 2009-07-25 11:58:01

Molly wrote:

The government tells people not to buy cigarettes because it is harmful to your health--is that not a boycott? Do we have fewer smokers in this country and less lung cancer? Can you go to a restaurant and eat without being smoked out?

Bostonians boycotted British tea because they did not like the government--does that sound familiar? Are we still under British rule? Most would consider that a good thing. Hear ye, hear ye excluded of course bbrady.

People boycotted white only establishments because they believed others were being treated unfairly--most people agree with the end result. We now have discrimination laws for all sorts of people--the disabled, elderly--I believe it's called civil rights.

Please explain to me again how any of the above mentioned movements are based on not liking or agreeing with what someone says?  And I did not suggest that you should be ashamed when you look in the mirror, but rather that you probably shouldn't be envisioning yourself perch high above all the supposed hatebloggers at this site, unless of course, you are trying to set yourself apart from those who USUALLY don't choose to use such hateful methods to try and get their point across...

That "usually" is meant to be self-inflicted...

#37 2009-07-25 12:04:16

Ms Lilly,
The good news is when Bruce and Cronan are voted out and replaced by responsible and qualified people, you can become a hate blogger. Then we can come over to your website,
www.takebackWarehamfromthepeople.com and argue with you. Of course, you would then call us hate bloggers and the cycle continues.

#38 2009-07-25 12:12:23

SLAGER IS THE ONLY WRITER OF THE PAPER! SLAGER IS THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS THAT MUCH HATRED. IT WAS IN THE OBITURY NOT A COLUMN ABOUT HER PASSING. I HAVE A COPY ! GO BACK TO THE OTHER SITE

#39 2009-07-25 12:28:37

Larry McDonald wrote:

Ms Lilly,
The good news is when Bruce and Cronan are voted out and replaced by responsible and qualified people, you can become a hate blogger. Then we can come over to your website,
www.takebackWarehamfromthepeople.com and argue with you. Of course, you would then call us hate bloggers and the cycle continues.

If you think I would be against having responsible and qualified people in office, then not only did you misunderstand my previous blogging rant (see your previous post to me),  but you have misunderstood everything I have tried to say I stand for...and you can leave the gloves off or put them back on...with insinuations like that, the gloves are insignificant...

#40 2009-07-25 12:44:12

One more time since my plain English is creating problems for some---a boycott, for whatever reasons is still a boycott. I've never heard of boycotts being categorized by type--against actions or words. The earlier analogies are based on the concept of a boycott, not on the fact that ragboy "says" something.

By ragboy saying something, such as lies and libel, he is helping to destroy this town. He prints the garbage too. And he passes it around for free except for the poor suckers who pay for it. I don't think my analogies are too subtle for the basic reader to understand.

By advocating NOT TO READ THAT PIECE OF SHIT I would expect such a "boycott" to work in the same way. Much good will come to Wareham when the rag is gone.

Simple enough?

And when you think about it taxation without representation is quite a bit like ragboy's words without evidence. Neither are fair.

Now if I were to compare lung cancer causing cigarette boycotts to boycotting the malignant growth on Wareham that is your hero, the ragboy, well that would be hateful, so I won't do that.

#41 2009-07-25 13:33:43

Correct me if I'm wrong, but despite the claim "all views are welcome" at the rag pay site... None of our views would be welcomed! Case in point, EVERY ARTICLE THAT MENTIONS THE BLOGGERS.

Time to give up the fight for Bobo, your not going to win here. Maybe you should go stir up shit at site that suppots the opposite stance as your views on abortion. I'm sure they would love to hear your side of the issue

#42 2009-07-25 15:06:19

MsLilly...  the definition of boycott is " to abstain from buying or using as an expression of protest or disfavor."  Are you saying, we shouldn't be allowed to boycott a buisness when we disagree with their politics or ethics or in Bobo's case constant misinformation or out right lies. He has put himself in the public eye to be praised or attacked for his views. Every newspaper in the country has letters to the editor in which the public can express their views either positive or negative. They don't whine when people think they or wrong or stop buying their paper. They back up their articles with FACTS and if they are wrong they print a retraction. I don't think Bobo has the balls to print any opposing views like most REAL newspapers. There are a lot of buisness in trouble right now they don't whine and blame others, they suck it up and adjust and find out what the public wants so they can succeed. Maybe if Bobo's paper didn't constantly misrepresent the truth more people would buy his paper.

#43 2009-07-25 15:19:54

commonsense wrote:

Time to give up the fight for Bobo, your not going to win here. Maybe you should go stir up shit at site that suppots the opposite stance as your views on abortion. I'm sure they would love to hear your side of the issue

Wow Common, you beat me to my own punchline...but before I go...

Molly, I sincerely apologize...If I could take it back, I would...today I was the Hateblogger....there is never an excuse for attacking anyone...and since I have no desire to be like that alcoholic husband who apologizes after beating up his wife, only to do it again...

Larry, I'm sorry for being overly sensitive to your remark...I should have taken it in the context it was intended...

Ham, I'm sorry for pissing you off to the point that you felt the need to refer to me as an asshole...

Mr. Brady....your "call to arms" meeting is what I think our forefathers would consider a very appropriate course of action to take when citizens have become disenchanted with their government...except for one thing....I don't understand why you feel it necessary to put restrictions on who you will "allow" to attend...and for the sake of argument, I am not suggesting the media in my argument of inclusion...why would you want to limit your audience to people who already share a similar view when you have the perfect opportunity to increase your number of like minder voters...I have heard the opinions of other bloggers and why they feel like they do, but how about all the other people who are out there who haven't already shared their ideas of why they want or may want change...I would have liked to have known if there had been just one person there that could have said something that would have caused me to say hmmmmm...

#44 2009-07-25 15:51:11

If any of you participate in the forums on Amazon.com, have you noticed that MsLilly exhibits most, if not all, of the traits of a 'troll'?

Under the guise of soliciting and/or presenting 'new' viewpoints, a 'troll' merely interjects a contrarian or opposing dialogue, typically intended to cause 'thread drift' and take the conversation off target.  The recent interchange on another thread between MsLilly and Larry McDonald is a case in point, where MsLilly introduced the notion of child abuse, when up to that posting there had been no suggestion of that being one of Larry's concerns.

There is just enough 'common sense' scattered among MsLilly's dialogue to cleverly mask the 'troll-like' pattern.  I have not noticed very many, if any, times that MsLilly has presented any new FACTS or EVIDENCE to truly advance our collective knowledge and understanding of the topic at hand.

This is merely my humble opinion, expressed under my rights to free speech (but does anyone else see a similar pattern to MsLilly's posts???).

#45 2009-07-25 16:00:18

Falcon, forgive me for drifting here, but it was brought up by MsLilly and the ragboy and mentioned above.

The meeting on the 30th is NOT A DEBATE. It is for like-minded people who want change in the town. We do not want to spend time trying to convince people of opposing viewpoints that we have something to say and that we want to do something about it.

So Mr. Brady is right to say it is a meeting ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT A CHANGE IN WAREHAM because we are tired with our present officials and their actions.

It is plain English and pretty easy to understand if you read the ad in the paper or the copy on the blog--hear ye hear ye.

And if Mr. Brady is paying for the room, unless there is a school dept. policy that says the room must be open to the public, then anyone wanting to crash the event--aka ragboy-- are not welcome.

MsL. I accept your apology. But don't speak to me again. Thanks.

#46 2009-07-25 17:09:31

Ms Lilly,
First, no need to apologize, we both know where we stand on issues. If you are for responsible government, then you cannot be for the current slate of selectmen. They do not respresent anything I would consider responsible. Their time is running out (for some of them) and all the propaganda Mr. Slager writes will not change that. He can attempt character assasination on however many people he wants, he still on his way out.

This meeting is for the citizens of Wareham that are not happy with the way things are going. He has requested NO PRESS, and it is a private meeting, not an open meeting. Mr. Slager is not a resident of Wareham (unless you count the nights he spends in his office) and he happy with the way things are. He is also against all those who oppose the Selectmen.

Also, without press and "bullies" there, people can openly express their feelings and chart a course for taking back Wareham. If press is allowed, those that fear retribution would not speak openly. You understand that concept, I'm sure. Please don't tell me how Slager would respect that, he has proven he does not. His latest article is a tribute to where he stands.

So, with all that in mind, you may choose to attend because you want responsible government and are NOT happy with how things are.

My personal feelings are that I don't have anything to say at that meeting that I wouldn't say to the Selectmen (If Mr. Sauvageau didn't OWN the agenda and dictate what I can talk about).

For the record, I DO NOT SUPPORT THE SELECTMEN and I DO NOT AGREE WITH ROBERT SLAGER on his right to attend.

Last edited by Larry McDonald (2009-07-25 19:11:27)

#47 2009-07-25 17:18:36

Ms Lilly,
One more thing. I do not like blogging. I do not like having to beat my head against a brick wall to get what every citizen wants, and that is answers to questions. I do not like being lied to and trivialized by a group of Selectmen who cater to someone who is just using them to get her dirty work done. I do not like the being ignored by the ITA and Selectmen, because it is their job (I can site the rules to prove it) to respond.

Now, IF they would have conducted themselves in the professional manner expected by their very own oath, we wouldn't be having these conversations. After they are dealt with, I will retire my screen name and go back to living a quiet normal life.

I wouldn't shed a tear if Mr. Slager's paper folded and he went back to wherever he is from. I called him a cub reporter and a shill for the Selectmen before, and I'm saying it again. I meant it then, and I mean it now.

Frankly, I'm tired of talking about all the BS caused by a minority of people with a power complex. if  you want to know what power elite mean, you look at who is running this town and who their supporters are and you have your answers.

Enough is enough. We, the people, are taking Wareham back and that is that.

#48 2009-07-25 17:30:02

The PRESS is one thing, barring the press is not an issue with me. Because no matter which press person it is, they are going to report their slant on the meeting.

When it comes to citizens of the Town with like or similar opinions....there you have crossed the line. If recent elections are any indicator the majority of VOTERS either do not know your positions or they disagree. I beleive they don't know your positions to improve the town.

How can I say this? Because I WAS ONE OF THEM!!!!

Up until a few months ago I did not even know this site existed. My only information came from the paper and neighbors. I have learned alot since joining this site. But not because I simply beleive everything posted. I now have an opportunity to hear both sides, and usually the real answer is somewhere in the mioddle.

So if you TRULY want to improve the direction of the Town, and care what your fellow citizens think, then you will back off not welcoming all town citizens.

When I spoke with Mr Brady this week, he seemed welcoming to ALL FOLKS except the press coming to learn what the issues were and begin a discussion on improving the Town.

If you want to keep up the threats against regular people and scare them away from attending, and getting information,  don't blame Slager,  just keep losing elections.

#49 2009-07-25 18:07:57

If you aren't going to have the press, and I respect your desire not to have them, I expect you'll report on what happened at the meeting here and do so objectively.

I doubt you will be discussing strategy and tactics which you don't want to get out since it is likely someone will get in who you can't trust.

I assume that once you get things really going whether with a recall or to field your own candidates for the next election you will put together an inner circle of people you can trust absolutely, and a larger group who will work their asses off confident in their leaders to elect good candidates.

Slager calls this a civil war. In truth, it has unfortunately become a civil war and like our own Civil War, one of necessity.

In wartime you don't reveal your strategy and tactics to your enemy.

#50 2009-07-25 19:05:02

Searay, a person who attends because he or she wants to find out what is going on, is totally different from people who are anti-power elite--whatever that means, anti-blogger, anti---us and pro-bos, pro ITA, pro-ragboy and pro-status quo, if you get my point. That is what I meant by it is not a debate.

I'm glad you have been enlightened and I hope people on the fence will come to the meeting to learn the facts.

The meeting will hopefully lead to some improvement in the way we are being governed and the way this town has deteriorated in the past few years. Sure, every town is hit with fiscal problems so there is no finger pointing there, but some of the issues such as wasting money on lawsuits, the locking of swift's beach, the condition of a town road-Maple Springs, the lack of transparency--executive sessions especially, the wasting of money on a computer audit, the loss of town employees, the disregard for the opinion of any citizen not in the sacred bos club, etc. etc. These are facts. We don't need to debate them--we need to do something about them.

Saying we are looking for people of similar opinions means we are looking for people tired of the way things have been going in Wareham. That's all we are saying.  The ad in the paper clearly explains that also.

Last edited by Molly (2009-07-25 19:11:25)

#51 2009-07-25 20:00:16

We are in total agreement

Thanks

#52 2009-07-25 20:31:45

Searay,
I can understand the confusion. I look forward to meeting some of the people that blog here. It will certainly be nice to put faces with names. I am pretty sure I will be easy to spot :)

#53 2009-07-25 22:26:37

i have said before i will not go into anchor liquors , i have choices i can go to other places, you waste your money in the rag advertising for me  , because i see your add as a place i will not go to, last christmas i was looking for a christmas wreath and saw clive olson advertising in his papper , i did not buy the weath there i bought it at morses in rochester , i have not seen him advertise since and i bought some mothers day plants , ihave choices and i practice my choices religioully advertise in the  rag and i will now shop or visit your place of bussiness.

Last edited by ihateliz (2009-07-25 22:30:01)

#54 2009-07-25 22:43:15

slager and ms lilly i have read your artical and posts  and i have an answer for  the both of you , you both are full of shit,

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com