#1 2009-06-28 21:15:28

does anyone else think that pinkpanther is a little suspicious or inconsistent. They are all over the place with their comments and not very accurate.

#2 2009-06-29 08:30:08

godhelpwareham,  i am just an average person. do not fear i can do no harm to you.  i am opionated and fickle.  I am female. The cartoons got me.  They are too freakin funny.  With all that is going on in this town I thought I would try this site.  If I get bored I will go away.  I have a sarcastic sense of humor as I see lots of that here.  Thought it might be fun for a bit. I am wondering how it will all turn out.  The audit .

#3 2009-06-29 09:08:42

So, let's ask some questions! First, what is your take on the Selectmen? Are you a registered voter? Do you consider the audit a positive thing or a bad move during a financial crunch? What could possible come out of the audit that would make you think it was worth the money?

That should be a good start!

#4 2009-06-29 09:29:32

my take is the Selectmen work for the people of the town.  I started going to meetings when good people were being abused.  I just sat there and listened.  I was surprised at the strong personalities sitting up there. I thought maybe it was nessesary. Yes I am a registered voter. The audit is a good thing because I want to know what really is happening here.  It may save us money when all is said and done.  Bad that some good people will get hurt along the way trying to take out the corrupt ones.  Life is not fair. Never was never will be.  Can I stay or is it off with my head?

#5 2009-06-29 09:45:39

Im going to color my hair with some cheap crap now.  If you see a bald lady running around town.  It probly me.  :)  I am used to paying the big bucks to have my hair done properly.  But like every other American I have felt the crunch.  It came out better than I expected.

Last edited by PinkPanther (2009-06-29 19:04:01)

#6 2009-06-29 10:11:02

Sorry, pinkpanther.  You sound like an airhead or valley girl (California). Even though life may not be fair, if we don't have a goal or a standard of behavior for ourselves and our leaders we are nowhere and will go down the toilet fast - which has happened before and especially in the past nine years - during Brucie's reign! He is a clever crazy.  One piece of equipment that should be stocked in every police cruiser is an old fashioned straight jacket to keep him from hurting himself and any more good citizens.

What does the future hold for Wareham if the the voters accept the present BOS and say "Well, that's life" ?

I grew up in Brockton.  Even as a kid in the 50s, I knew that the HIgh School Football Team could get beers out the back door of Sweeney's Bar and the freindly City Counselor would help anyone out for $$$$$$, and more... 

Most of us found a way out of that City. We left and didn't look back. It was and still is an incurable sewer of corruption! 

Wareham is worth saving! Let's just DO IT!

Last edited by waterview (2009-06-29 10:13:07)

#7 2009-06-29 10:42:11

Waterview,
There is a level of corruption in any form of government. It comes with the power that a position wields. If you have people willing to "supplement" your lifestyle, you have politicians willing to sell a piece of their soul. I don't think this is new to Wareham. I don't have much knowledge of the prior Selectmen, but I'm sure there has always been a bit of self-interest driving the Wareham Express. It's all in how you present it!
Unfortunately for this group of Selectmen, the way they handle the public, their personal issues, and their arrogance have been over the top for so long, people are now just tired of the antics. You add in an economic downturn, and you have a very potent mix.

My main concern as a taxpayer is whether or not they are doing the best job for this town or just serving their personal agenda. The audit of town computers is a sticking point. Taped comments of an excecutive session shows how unorganized this group is and how they went "fishing" instead of having a plan. It also appears they are looking for bloggers, which does not constitute a crime of any nature and does warrant the expense. If they uncover major crimes, it may be worth while, but to discuss bloggers makes it sound like a poorly executed bully tactic. That would be in character for this group, so it won't surprise me if that is the case. Another waste of taxpayer money to feed their ego and "show who is in control".

If you add in a weak fill-in Administrator, you have a distaster! This town is in chaos, the workers have low morale, and there is no end in sight. If you and I think Wareham is worth saving, we need 4000+ registered voters to think the same thing to make it happen. People have to come together and toss the trash out and give this town a much needed boost of HOPE!

#8 2009-06-29 11:29:13

waterview,  we may be related .just kiddin. My grandmothers entire family came from Brockton via N.Y. and Boston. most moved out as they became more succesfull. I hate all those places. I love scenic small towns.  Since I have been to Cal. a couple dozen times I do know what a valley girl is. hahah.  Airhead, I don't think so. But I don't care what you think of me.  I want this town cleaned up. I have grandchildren that may be raised here.  I only want whats best for Wareham and the good people who live here.  Sometimes that takes doing rash things.

#9 2009-06-29 11:34:52

mapleman may i call you that?   I agree with you they screwed up with that gettin caught on tape about bloggers that was awful.  But what if,  what if, they did it on purpose?  I have been thinking about this from every possible angle.  I am a very suspicious person by nature.  What if they leaked that out on purpose.  To send people running scared.  Just a thought.

#10 2009-06-29 13:01:43

They aren't that clever Pink. They, the Selectmen, got caught with their pants down.

#11 2009-06-29 18:57:50

Mapleman,  You are probably right.   But I do try to cover all my bases, always.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com