#1 2009-01-12 21:35:41

Okay, so basically here's a little insight into the meticulous thought process of The Observer's crackerjack news team. A source close to Mattapoisett selectman George Randall, who recently made the news after suffering a self-inflicted gunshot wound to his hand, revealed to me that he was recently tapped by Andrea "Doria" Smith to be The Tri-Town Observer's "Mattapoisett Man of the Year." Wow, what an honor! George is basically a good guy and he had second thoughts about all the publicity he's been getting of late and called Andrea "Doria" back to ask that he not be photographed for the planned article.

Now get this: Andrea "Doria" called George back shortly thereafter and informed him that "The Observer staff" (um, that would be a staff of TWO at last count) couldn't make him "Man of the Year" without a photograph, so he was no longer eligible! Ha! So I guess the only qualification to receive the coveted title of "Man/Woman of the Year" in one of the Slobserver's publications is to smile pretty for the camera! No word yet on who will fill George's picture-perfect frame for the honor, but I bet dollars to donuts it will be Fire Chief Ron Scott so Andrea "Doria" can rehash her lamenting of his losing a vote for a new fire station and then wax nostalgic about his pending retirement after knowing him a whole two years!

#2 2009-01-13 09:50:03

Doesn't surprise me that "Man/Woman of the Year" is dependent on you support for the Rag, rather than you accomplishments or merit.

Gee, I wonder if Bruce is going to be Man of the Year?  I mean, cause no one else is even in the running.

#3 2009-01-13 10:54:23

Slager Better Get The Wide Angle Lens For Fatboy

#4 2009-01-13 12:20:50

dollars to donuts it will be the silent  horse cronan.  slager wont want to be that predictable with bruce.  he is so obsessed with this site he will revel in the thought that he tricked us all
"oh my head"  slager zinged us again.  pathetic   

bob hope its not too late to change it and run off another 65 copies to prove me wrong.

12:15 now and i bet you read this by 12:52   
losing your grip on reality bob,  try going four hours without looking at this site bob, cant do it bob. 

tic toc tic toc tic toc

bob i have a major announcement to post at 3pm stay tuned

#5 2009-01-13 13:18:26

It too bad Bob doesn't know that Cronin doesn't trust or like him.  Someone overheard him tell Bruce not to trust Slager before one of the BOS meetings.

#6 2009-01-13 14:40:06

bob little early but my announcement is the fact that i love mint chocolate chip ice cream.

not a lunar landing but just as newsworthy as anything else you have come up with lately

so much for the 4 hour goal bob

got stuff to do but ill post again within two hours bob dont you go changin' on me

#7 2009-01-13 15:53:19

commonsense wrote:

Doesn't surprise me that "Man/Woman of the Year" is dependent on you support for the Rag, rather than you accomplishments or merit.

Gee, I wonder if Bruce is going to be Man of the Year?  I mean, cause no one else is even in the running.

I would bet that ragman would go with pondside or the T-shirt man.  Heard on the street that Brenda was not ragman's 1st choice for Woman of the Year; but he thought better of giving that honor to Brucie so by default, he chose Brenda.

#8 2009-01-13 16:04:55

I'd like to see Ragman now.  He's got to going crazy (more than usual).  He just can't help himself.  BTY, I enjoy mint choc chip too!

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com