#1 2008-12-05 11:57:35

Just some statistics for you...

Of the 44 ads in this weeks's edition of the "Wareham" Observer, only 22 are businesses in Wareham (i even included parts of B.Bay).  Just half the ads are from town.

Not surprising that 5 of the 22 advertisers stock The Rag for free.  Somehow I picture this sentence uttered "if I give you free ads, will you stock the paper for me?"  That leaves us with 17 local advertisers.

Of the 17 left...

6 are general contractors (carpentry, etc)
2 are bakery's (who do very low business)
1 food establishment
1 massage parlor (how much business is there)
1 repair shop (not a popular one)
1 jeweler
1 fundraiser (probably free ad)
1 bank (grand opening - it's a given they'd advertise with everyone)
1 computer geek
1 lawyer
1 realtor (not a well-known one)

So I ask you.... is this really a great sampling of local business support for The Rag?  I think not.  I would say no one frequents these places on a weekly basis.  Maybe the bank.

Of note....

Not one of the places that SELL the Rag have an advertisement.  I wonder why that is.  Oh, they lose money that way.  Of course they lose money selling it too, but I'm sure it wasn't pitched that way.

Also...ever wonder why one of the top establishments in town (Shooters) stopped advertising with The Rag?

**Local support is overwhelming....bullshit, Slager!

22 advertisers out of 500+ businesses in town (less than 5%)
100 (yeah, right) subscribers out of 20,000+ people in town (less than 5%)
100 subscribers despite the claim of 10,000 readers (less than 1% of those that allegedly support you.

So what is that, less than 5% of Wareham supports The Rag?  I'm sure you can spin that information and sell it to morons.

#2 2008-12-05 12:08:25

Some of those business are in-kind advertisers. They exchange goods or services in return for free ads. No money changes hands. In most cases, they give and get what they pay. Less than nothing.

#3 2008-12-05 12:54:03

the secret service is involved with a counterfeit money case in town.   the price of gas is 1.73 $ yeah. 
turning point homeless support org. gave away coats to kids last week.  apparently our selectmen sign blank petitions (or at the least  a blank piece of paper, really?)     but the lead story is a guy named bob thompson who does not like slager or the paper or whatever.

lots of news out there  bob

proof positive that this is not a NEWS paper

#4 2008-12-05 13:51:14

oneeardog wrote:

the secret service is involved with a counterfeit money case in town.

Yeah, and it's just one paragraph, no quotes.  Says, "according to reports," but complains Lt. Wallace isn't giving him press releases.  What reports then?

#5 2008-12-05 18:55:24

Clearly he is Slagerizing from other papers.

#6 2008-12-05 21:22:20

All I know is, the guy claims to head up a staff of 5 reporters (including himself), and boasts to be a great journalist - so why is it that the secret service and local police crack a counterfitting ring and there's only one paragraph?

Meanwhile, Brucey's road name change victory is continued onto a second page.

#7 2008-12-05 21:35:42

I Just Did Some Figuring Now If Ragmans States He Gets 120,000 In Ad Revenue Year And He Claims To Have 10,000 Readers A Week. That Would Be 7,500 Dollars A Week At 75 Cents Making It 390,000 A Year For A Total Of 510,000 A Year. Wow Either Ragman Fibs (insert Joke Here) Or He Doesnt Know How To Manage His Way Out Of A Lemonade Stand. Im Sure He Will Respond That I Know Nothing About The Cost Of Running A Paper. Ha Ha Ha. Hey You Could Always Pay Liz In New Ski Poles Or Non Cat Urine Soaked Clothing. Cheers!

#8 2008-12-05 21:37:03

Speaking Of Liz Why Didnt You Pay The Money Back To The Town After Joe Murphy Caught You Stealing Health Insurance? Please Liz The Town Could Use The Money Right Now.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com