#1 2008-12-03 16:13:13

Okay, I've been watching this board light up over the fact that an blogger on the CCToday website said that they "interviewed" a store clerk and they said they would smash boycotter's in the face with a tire iron (or something to that effect).

Hold the phone!  You're taking this blogger's word as gospel!  This is something Slager would do. 

Did anyone, verify that this blogger actually talked to said clerk?  No.  Can anyone verify that statement was actually made to anyone?  No.

This is how Slager gets his news people.  He askes one (maybe two) people about any given subject (12st in Onset comes to mind), and he prints it as fact. 

He never verifies, he never checks with the other side, or checks any facts involved.

Even if said statement was made.  So what!  First, no one would ever take that action in reality.  Two, if you are boycotting the store, you would never be there to get your face smashed.

Don't stoop to his level.  You are all too smart for that!

Last edited by commonsense (2008-12-03 16:17:27)

#2 2008-12-03 16:37:52

/

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2008-12-19 18:21:16)

#3 2008-12-03 16:57:59

It's a red herring.  It was meant for these boards to get this exact reaction out of you.

Yes, if the quote was true, it is moronic, stupid, and low-class.  Do you honestly believe Slager would denounce people that fall into that category?  You know that you are barking up the wrong tree there.  This is how he wants you to react. 

Obviously this is a supporter of The Rag.  Perhaps he put them up to it.  Maybe he wrote it.  Or it's just someone that knows him on a personal level. 

The reference is worded as such:  "He'd better not come into my store trying to scare my customers away," said one rather less-than-intimidated clerk. "A man could get smashed repeatedly in the face with a tire iron for doing things like that."

First off, it's an indirect threat.  "Could" does not imply "Will" or "They Will" or "I Will smash..."

Second, "a clerk" does not impress me as a creditable source.

The exchange between the "blogger" and "clerk" sounds more like a conversation between friends.  Similar to "if you eat that last piece of pizza, I'll break your arm."

By taking those statements serious, you are amplifying their impact, which eventually turn it to fact in people's minds.

THIS IS HOW SLAGER PRINTS THE NEWS!

He takes a statement and blows it up like it's the biggest thing in the Town.  It MUST be fact because someone told him.

Don't be fooled.  This is a non-event, meant to solicit this reaction.

We should stick to tearing apart what's in his paper that is not factual or inaccurate.

Last edited by commonsense (2008-12-03 16:59:42)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com