#1 2008-12-03 12:15:53

1).  They get 10% of weekly sales - 10% of 0.00 = zero

2).  They are having a contest with other stores to see who can sell the most papers.  Leader has sold 1 copy.

3).  They figure if people go into packy to buy paper they will need to buy some booze to help them get through reading it.    Oh hell, what am I saying?  They were probably drunk when they went in to buy the rag.

4).  They get a kick out of seeing who actually buys the rag.

5).  They like to see their friends names in the police log.

6).  Getting ready for the big sale:  buy one rag, get one 1/2 price.

7).  Need the rag to go along with the new scratch ticket display:  Brucey street - scratch 3 like names to win.

8).  Stores are going green - plan to use the rags to conceal purchases instead of brown paper bags.

9). They use bundles as a stepstool to reach things on the top shelf.

10).  They make great fly swatters.

11).  They want to keep - It is useful when they run out of toilet paper in the restroom - plus it is a good time to read the paper.

Last edited by Mixie (2008-12-03 14:28:29)

#2 2008-12-03 12:36:20

Oneear, if you're out there, the Ragman jabbed you on the Standard Times site.  He said:

"I hate to dispell your wishful thinking, oneeardog, but The Observer isn't going anywhere. The support of the community has been overwhelming. Cheers."

You're right, Ragman.  A paper that has the support of tire iron wielding thugs probably will, unfortunately, be around a long time.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2008-12-03 12:37:13)

#3 2008-12-03 14:30:38

Hamatron5000 wrote:

Oneear, if you're out there, the Ragman jabbed you on the Standard Times site.  He said:

Geeze, isn't his own online and paper rag enough for the ragman...trying to control all the messages in and out of wareham.

#4 2008-12-03 16:43:37

Hi Mixie,

Sorry I kinda bummed out the funny from your list by getting serious there.  Some fine list making as always!

#5 2008-12-03 17:28:52

Thanks Ham, please feel free to add your own reasons why the stores want to carry the rag.....

And on another note.  There are only 2 grocers listed who carry the rag...where do you think the clerk who made the bullying statement works.  Shouldn't the owner be concerned.  I would think the owner already has a problem with unnecessary violence.

#6 2008-12-03 18:28:27

mixie dont worry its sad that he hasnt responded to any of my postings in weeks while his political bunkmates were in constant undefendable turmoil.  now that things have died down he is going to hit me with wishful thinking.  hes right it is my thinking about what i would wish for.   i cant predict the future certainly i would like to see him fail.

AND NOT BECAUSE I AM AGAINST FREE SPEECH.  SO HOLD THE PHONE BOBBY.

I AM JUST AGAINST PEOPLE USING THEIR BIASED MEDIA POWER TO FURTHER THE AGENDA OF LOUDMOUTH IDIOTS AND TRASHBAGS WHO HAVE A COMMENT ABOUT EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE BUT CANNOT HANDLE THEIR OWN AFFAIRS........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com