#1 2008-11-29 10:22:10

written by the Cat Lady of course...

Not to go to a sad topic, but why hasn’t animal control or some municipal employee scooped up the seagull that evidently didn’t move fast enough to escape a car’s wheels on Onset Pier? The poor dead bird has been in the center of the pier for more than two days. Certainly someone in the town’s employ saw him. Not a very noble death for one of our feathered friends. What ever happened to former selectman Sarah D. Woods’ theory that the police and maintenance staff were the town’s eyes and ears in the community?

Yes, the Police and the maintenance staff should be back-up Animal Control.  What a great idea.  Somebody make this woman selectman.  You think they teach bird scooping in the Police Academy?  Now, this is the same Police that you lashed out at for shooting a sick swan right?

What’s with the heads of the car makers? Hands out, gimme, gimme, no questions asked. And oh, yes, I flew in on my private jet. They have to be kidding. No wonder the auto industry in this country is in so much trouble what with these corporate dumbbells at the helm. Shame, shame. Cut them out then start from scratch. It really makes you sick.

Liz Pizzoli is the last person who should be complaining about hand-outs!  Her whole life is a hand out.

Cubellis’s holiday white lights at the billing center near the police station look nice. Let’s hope the Santa who once rode the roof is a thing of the past.

Kind of strange and idiotic you wouldn't mention why you think Santa should be eliminated, but maybe I'm just over thinking it.

The Church of the Good Shepherd on High Street sponsors a dinner every Thursday at 5. These folks also are planning a Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday at 1 p.m. Bailey’s is cooking the turkeys, and the staff at the Decas School helps out.

Hopefully they will keep the thermostat at a balmy 50 degrees to save money.  Hey, it's better than 20 degrees right?

Speaking of winter sun, if you happen to be in Plymouth, time your return home carefully. Around 3 - 4 you will practically go blind with the lowering sun if you travel Federal Furnace Road.

WTF?  Does anybody give a flying f***?  Do people seriously go up to Liz and say, "Thanks for the tip."

#2 2008-11-29 10:54:45

Commonsense,

Usually, "WTF, who gives a flying f?" is the appropriate response to most Cat Lady ramblings.

I think you're onto something here, maybe we can have a feature where we give our running commentary on the Cat lady's ramblings every week.  Here's mine:

"Not to go to a sad topic, but why hasn’t animal control or some municipal employee scooped up the seagull that evidently didn’t move fast enough to escape a car’s wheels on Onset Pier? The poor dead bird has been in the center of the pier for more than two days. Certainly someone in the town’s employ saw him. Not a very noble death for one of our feathered friends. What ever happened to former selectman Sarah D. Woods’ theory that the police and maintenance staff were the town’s eyes and ears in the community?"

"Yes, I'm the Cat Lady and I think that alarm that rings bells and flashes lights in the municipal maintenance office everytime a bird kicks the bucket must be on the fritz, because you'd think that the town employees would know the instant the bird carcass hits the pavement to rush over and clean it up.  Yoo hoo, Mr. Gifford, please give your maintenance men ninja training, so that like ninjas, they can hide in the trees and bushes and the second a piece of garbage hits the ground, they can spring out from the darkness, grab the trash, and spring back into the shadows so that awful, awful trash does not sully my regal eyes!  Oh, and haha I'll throw in a reference about Sarah Woods so that I can convince the Ragman that my extensive town knowledge is worth my pay, if he ever gets around to paying me!"

What’s with the heads of the car makers? Hands out, gimme, gimme, no questions asked. And oh, yes, I flew in on my private jet. They have to be kidding. No wonder the auto industry in this country is in so much trouble what with these corporate dumbbells at the helm. Shame, shame. Cut them out then start from scratch. It really makes you sick.

"Ah yes, the extreme lack of self-awareness I must choke down so that I can pocket a bogus town loan and yet still be able to bitch about others getting handouts with a straight face!"

"Cubellis’s holiday white lights at the billing center near the police station look nice. Let’s hope the Santa who once rode the roof is a thing of the past."

Cat lady, we'll take Cubellis' plastic Santa over the two house spanning free range kitty farm cat crapstravaganza you have going on over there any day of the week.

The Church of the Good Shepherd on High Street sponsors a dinner every Thursday at 5. These folks also are planning a Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday at 1 p.m. Bailey’s is cooking the turkeys, and the staff at the Decas School helps out.

I guess the strategy is that if you wade through enough cat lady garbage, you might, every 10 years, be given a good tidbit of info.

Speaking of winter sun, if you happen to be in Plymouth, time your return home carefully. Around 3 - 4 you will practically go blind with the lowering sun if you travel Federal Furnace Road.

Cat lady, God help us, if you're ever naked in public, please let it be between 3-4 on Federal Furnace Road.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2008-11-29 10:59:27)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com