#1 2008-11-25 09:15:09

Swifts Beach best illustrates what's gone wrong in Wareham and the Wanquinquoah Ave name change hearing next Tuesday is the best opportunity yet to challenge the objectional noise with objecting noise.

BOS: Tues., 7pm, Dec 2, 2008 - Wareham
Multiservice Center. Mark your calendars!

If I were more of an attention whore, I might march back and forth in front of Town Hall during rush hour next Tues, with my neighbor's dog wearing a sandwich board and the legend "Attend Tonite's Swifts Beach Hearing!". But I'm sure my neighbor would object. And so would the dog.

Any ideas about how to get the word out?

#2 2008-11-25 09:59:59

I dunno, Pat, but the Ragman was on the ST website defending his man Bruce's honor by telling all the people who want the named changed back are just shamelessly politicizing this and it insults his intelligence.

I didn't know he had any to insult!

I hope Bruce appreciates the level of loyalty his lackey his showing - I don't think any other reporter in the world would hop on another paper's website just to defend a politician.

#3 2008-11-25 13:33:45

just dont know how to get it out there where slager controls the local media (snicker) but seriously the courier doesnt seem to care.  there will be a downright scandal and the front page will be a picture of the gardening club.  i dont get it.  for that reason alone i was initially excited about the independent or whatever it was before the observfer.  then we realized what an egomaniacal psychophant lackey slager is. 

lets put it this way my elderly mother reads the courier every week and had no idea about any of the things going on in the town and fully admits to no longer caring or being able to  hear about town politics.

b
people just dont care it sucks.  i thought after this last stunt at town meeting there would finally be a calling out or dressing down of these people but the citizens have already forgotten.

#4 2008-11-25 13:57:33

oneeardog wrote:

lets put it this way my elderly mother reads the courier every week and had no idea about any of the things going on in the town and fully admits to no longer caring or being able to  hear about town politics.

I know exactly what you mean. The elderly who once ran this town can't comprehend a Wareham that no longer observes due process and the rule of law. The state's attorney, meanwhile, doesn't give a rats ass. I've talked to the dink.

Isn't this how Shays Rebellion started?

#5 2008-11-25 15:05:13

Oneear,

Yeah, Wareham's Press Corps has some issues.  Nobody, and I mean nobody, is as scummy as the Ragman...but I think sometimes the Courier and Standard Times don't go after stories like the Tucy open meeting law violation because they're afraid the Ragman will jeer them.

If the Ragman wants to miss out on stories to be Brucey's bagman, that's his business.  It shouldn't keep the Courier and the ST from picking up on those stories.

All I know is, if one of the people accused of being "power elitists" from a few years ago had gotten in the way of an ambulance, swore at a cop, then sped away while pulled over, it'd be front page news in all the papers.

But Brucey does it and you only hear about it in the blogs.  Teflon Brucey.  The Ragman covers for him and the Courier and Standard Times are apparently afraid of him.  And probably with good reason.  Can't really blame them for being scared of this crew.  We've all seen what this people are capable of.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com