#1 2008-11-07 19:02:29

From the November 6, 2008 Edition (Print & Online)

Letter to the Editor:

Wareham PD has had more than 300 sick calls in since last October. They even removed them a few days after I mentioned it on a blog. They no longer post their sick calls on the Wareham Police log. I feel they are over-manned, over-scheduled and over-budgeted, and very well experienced in how to over-spend Wareham town-allocated money.

Editor’s note: The Observer policy is to not run letters without identifying the author. But we are making an exception in this case by specific request. We checked the police logs on the police web site, and sick calls are no longer being listed as they had been in the past.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
In This Corner (By Robert Slager):

… It’s no secret that I am vehemently opposed to the practice of allowing anonymous people to defame others without facing an ounce of accountability. It’s cowardly and childish and has no place on a self-respecting web site. The Observer has never allowed anonymous posts on our site and we never will.
-----------------------------------------------------------

The hypocricy and criticism writes itself

#2 2008-11-07 19:03:07

Other thoughts to ponder...

Isn't 300 sick days in a years time equal to less than 1 Officer calling in sick a day?  How many Officers are there?  50?

Does the writer know if, in fact, the sick day taken caused overtime?  Otherwise it's not costing the Town anything.

In that same regard, aren't the Police entitled to sick time in their bargaining contract?  Once again, not costing the Town any extra money.

Is the writer suggesting that they are calling in sick for fun and not actually sick?  Where is the proof?

What if Officer's are actually sick like the rest of society from time to time?  Yes, most of us don't have the luxury of calling in sick, but if they have it in their contract, who are we to criticize?

God forbid they have a prolonged illness.  With all of the people they deal with, you'd think they'd be exposed to a lot of colds and viruses.  Not to mention the stress they must be under after certain situations.

It's no surprise the Observer would print such garbage, since the Chief is suing their sorry ass.  And it's funny that the Slager hates anonymous bloggers ragging on him and his buddies.  But when someone takes a shot at someone he (and the Selectmen) are against, he prints it without a second thought.

#3 2008-11-15 19:54:45

nail on the head common sense  about the anonymity clause with slager. 

and as far as the local cops i have never seen so much bad press against any other group or even discussion about sick outs.  municipalities give benefits like sick time when they dont want to give money for cost of living raises.  and now they turn around and want to complain about it.  probably part of the stress  that causes  more police officers to kill themselves in this country than any other group. (1 every 17 hrs)

still managed to make their car payments though.

#4 2008-11-15 20:49:33

Bob Slager Is A Hypocrite And A Liar. Lets See Police Officers Call In Sick. On A Department Of 50 Officers 300 Sicks Calls For The Year Seams Very Low To Me. It Also Does Not Take Into Account If Someone Had A Surgery Or A Long Illness And Used Several Sick Days. Lets See Slager The Real Stories Should Be About Bruce Costing The Town Millions Over His Involvement Over The Swifts Beach Fiasco. Or How About Liz Pezzoli Taking A 50 Thousand Loan From The Town And Never Paid The Money Back. Or How About Pezzoli Stealing From The Town When She Was Accidently Still Getting Her Health Insurance Years After She Left The Clerk/treasurer Position. Did She Report This To The Town? No. Joe Murphy Who Finally Caught It Confronted Her And Wanted Her To Pay The Money Back And Guess What She Blasted Him In The Paper Until He Had A Heart Attack. The Money Was Never Paid Back. How About Bruce Sauvegeau Using The Town Laptop For His Personal Use Refusing To Give It Back. And Guess What Now He Has A Problem With The Towns "it" Person. How About When Bruce Stabbed A Six Year Old With A Fork. A Police Reports On File But Slager Dont Care! The Observer Is Folding Faster Than Superman On Laundry Day. No One Will Pay 75 Cents For That Rag.

#5 2008-11-15 20:51:07

Does Anyone Want To Know That Bruce Lied On His Law School Application? I Have The Proof. This Guy Has Got To Go.

#6 2008-11-15 21:46:06

It's all distraction oneeardog.  The more you focus on the library and the Police Department, the less you think about what the Board of Selectmen are doing. 

Is it any surprise that the staff of the Observer (Slager, Pizzoli, McCloud) are all people that no one would listen to to begin with IHATESLAGER?  They stick together to stir the pot. 

Anyone with half a brain knows that they are full of crap.  People only read it to see what garbage they managed to throw together.  Oh yeah, and because it was free.

Now that they are going to charge, no one is going to give two cents.

I hear there are several reports on Sauvegeau at the Police Department, but yes Slager wouldn't bother.  Although he does like to go off on the fact that the Police don't release information on Town employees.  I would guess it's out of privacy for them.  They can claim it's just the Chief's buddies, but it's Bruce too.  So Slager shouldn't really be barking up that tree.  It just proves how stupid he is.

I read that Slager is questioning why some people get warnings for inspection and others get tickets.  Someone on the Standard Times board had a great answer.  But my thought on that is this:  what kind of world would this be if the Police stuck it to you on EVERY SINGLE little offense?

Not a World I would care to live in.

#7 2008-11-16 13:24:39

i agree

#8 2008-11-18 23:29:22

How does a so-called "journalist" make a stink about inspection stickers when he thinks his buddy the selectman getting in the way of an ambulance and swearing at a cop and driving away when pulled over is no big deal?

#9 2008-11-19 12:15:13

The same "journalist" who believes a guy like George Coleman without looking at any other side of the story.

#10 2008-11-19 12:16:17

If your not familiar, he's the head of the Onset "Crime Watch."  Possibly the former head by now. 

Hey Bob, no stories on why OCW office was shut down?

#11 2008-11-19 14:19:42

The One Who Wont Release The Financials To The Board Of Directors, Has The Full Support Of The Bos And Pissed Off Every Tourist, Resident And Visitor To This Town This Summer

Some Aggressive Reporter Should Check The Boston Police Log At Their Archives, Oh I Dont Know Maybe Around 10/23/85  Some Names Might Ring A Bell

#12 2008-11-19 21:40:41

/

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2008-12-20 22:43:08)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com